When it comes to product simulation, it’s difficult to compete with the Abaqus Unified FEA product suite, which offers complete, powerful solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a large spectrum of industrial applications. Best-in-class companies are using Abaqus to consolidate their processes and tools, reduce costs and inefficiencies, and gain a competitive advantage.
Abaqus includes a wide range of non-linear analysis procedures including structural stress, explicit dynamics, thermal stress, heat transfer, pore fluid diffusion, and more. A modern linear dynamics framework includes high performance eigensolvers, transient and steady-state dynamics, random response, and substructures. The software offers advanced material modeling capabilities encompassing metals, polymers, composites, concrete, and fracture mechanics. It also includes robust general contact capability for modeling complex interactions between large assemblies of parts, and high-performance solvers that minimize simulation turnaround time.
Recently the 2021 version of Abaqus United FEA was announced, containing a large number of new features as well as improvements to existing features. A few highlights include:
- You can now use the cyclic symmetry analysis technique in Abaqus/Explicit to reduce simulation time and memory requirement
- Abaqus/Standard now enables running nonlinear load cases from within a single job, reducing run time and the number of output files compared to running multiple jobs
- Band-limited damping in Abaqus/Explicit allows you to apply a desired uniform damping ratio over a specified frequency range
- Distortion control is now available for the C3D10 element in Abaqus/Explicit
Modeling and Visualization
- Abaqus/CAE now provides a tool to remove selected data from an odb which can significantly reduce file size
- CATIA V5 geometry can now be directly imported on the Linux platform
Performance and HPC
- GPU acceleration of the AMS eigensolver is now supported on the Windows platform
- Parallel scanning of linear static simulations with a large number of load cases has been significantly improved
To learn more about the release of Abaqus 2021x, please attend the e-seminar Abaqus R2021x, taking place on January 20.
Learn more and register for the upcoming e-seminar Abaqus R2021x on January 20.
The e-seminar will also be available on-demand after the live event has concluded. It will cover performance improvements that significantly reduce simulation turnaround time; new material models that enable more realistic simulation; and new analysis techniques that expand the scope of simulation.
With Abaqus United FEA, users benefit from accurate prediction of real-world product behavior, increasing product reliability and reducing warranty costs. The software significantly reduces the need for costly physical testing and offers fast turnaround time, enabling simulation to influence decisions early in the product design process and eliminate costly redesigns. It also increases engineering productivity through standardization on a single complete capability for structural simulation.
Stay tuned as new product updates continue to be released in the new year, and learn about Abaqus best practices in the SIMULIA Community.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.