NAFEMS’ biannual Americas Conference CAASE20 should have been taking place in Indianapolis later this month but due to the COVID-19 crisis, the event has gone virtual. The vendor neutral, simulation-focused conference is split over the 4 themes of Driving the Design of Physical Systems, Components & Products; Implementing Simulation Governance & Democratization; Advancing Manufacturing Processes & Additive Manufacturing; and Addressing Business Strategies & Challenges, and will have over 200 presentations available to view online during the 2 day conference and then for 1 month afterwards!
Of those 200 presentations, 9 are from the SIMULIA & CATIA teams:
Day 1, Tuesday June 16
- 11am EDT, Structural Analysis 1
- Standing Waves in Tires at High Speed, Govind Paudel SIMULIA; Will Mars, Endurica
- 12pm EDT, Structural Analysis 1
- A Study of Structural Analysis for the Module of Pouch Type Battery, Including Swelling Effect, Youngwon Hahn; Juwan Lee
- 1pm EDT, Sponsors Session
- SIMULIA Reveal The World We Live In
- 4pm EDT, Multiscale & Multiphysics 3
- An Integrated Workflow for Modeling Fiber-Reinforced Plastics with Multiscale Material Models, Yunfei Sh; Huidi Ji; Preeti Verma; Wen-Jun He
- 5pm EDT, Multiscale & Multiphysics 3
- Multiscale Characterization of the Mechanical Behavior of Metals from Finite Element Simulation of Crystal Microstructures, Ross McLendon, SIMULIA
- 30pm EDT, Additive Manufacturing 3
- Internal Flow Optimization: Next Level Performance Driven Engineering & Additive Manufacturing, Tonya Cole, CATIA
Day 2: Wednesday June 17
- 30pm EDT, Optimization 1
- Concept Structure Engineering and Optimization, Anup Iti, CATIA SFE; Ashish Aggarwal, CATIA SFE; Malik Kayupov, SIMULIA; Saurabh Bahuguna, SIMULIA
- 30pm EDT, MBE 1
- The Future of Performance Design with MBSE Approach Using the Example of an Electric Powertrain, Thomas Reimer
Day 3: Thursday June 18
- 30 EDT, Optimization 3
- Design and Optimization of Cooling System Component for Enhanced Airflow, Rachana Mallyala, Karthik Muthuraman, Srinath Karmungi, Tristan Donley, SIMULIA
- 12pm EDT, Advanced Composites
- Tensile Loading of 3D Woven Textile Composites: A Progressive Failure Analysis, Deepak K. Patela; Kevin Corrb; Shashwat Sinha, SIMULIA
Dassault Systemes SIMULIA is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor at this event again and attendees will be able to visit our virtual booth to watch videos, download resources and engage with our team.
Registration for NAFEMS members is free or $399 for non-members. Register Today – we’ll see you there!
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW and more. The SIMULIA Learning Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Learning Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.