As 2019 comes to a close and 2020 makes its appearance, we’d like to take the opportunity to look back on some of this year’s most popular and influential blogs. The SIMULIA blog saw a wide range of topics this year, from musings on new technology such as 5G to updates on the status of futuristic transportation options like autonomous and electric cars. We took an in-depth, inside look at the successful, months-long Reveal the World tour, and offered opportunities to become certified in software such as Abaqus.
The New Year is always a time for nostalgia and review, so as you ring in 2020, we invite you to take a look at five of our most popular blogs of 2019.
5. Mobility 2020 — Does Train Traffic Still Play? This blog looks at the future of transportation by train, outlining projects such as the Next Generation Train (NGT) at the German Aerospace Center.
4. Tips and Tricks: Installing Abaqus, fe-safe, Isight and Tosca 2019 (Plus Documentation Install!) This blog offers a detailed look at some of our latest software and gives advice on how to download and install it.
3. 5G Antenna Design for Mobile Phones This blog explores some of the design challenges of incorporating 5G technology into mobile phones, and how those issues can be modeled and addressed.
2. Attention Abaqus Users! Get “Certified” in Abaqus! In November, SIMULIA offered a new Abaqus Certification Exam. The popularity of this post showed how many of our users were eager to take their skills to the next level and stand out to employers.
1. Rise Above the Noise…And the Traffic This blog examines electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) vehicles, the challenges they involve, and how simulation can be used to bring them into the mainstream.
We expect that 2020 will bring plenty of new topics to be addressed in the SIMULIA blog, so stay with us to keep up on the latest simulation technology as well as advances in transportation, medicine, aerospace and much more! Happy New Year to all of our readers!