This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Structural and Durability Engineer role and how it can help assess the structural integrity of any type of product with comprehensive structural simulations covering statics, implicit and explicit dynamics, durability, and fatigue.
Structural and Durability Engineer enables engineers to perform structural integrity assessment of any type of product for strength and durability scenarios and intuitively guide design decisions. It offers powerful and intuitive tools needed to perform sophisticated multistep structural simulations, powered by market leader Abaqus technology, as well as fatigue simulation to predict accurate fatigue lives.
Structural and Durability Engineer offers powerful and intuitive tools needed to perform sophisticated multistep structural simulations as well as fatigue simulation to predict accurate fatigue lives and understand how the product will perform in real life.
- Multistep structural scenarios, powered by market leader Abaqus technology, for comprehensive product performance assessment including Static, Frequency, Thermal, Buckling, Implicit/Explicit Dynamics, Linear Dynamics
- Fatigue simulation to predict accurate fatigue lives and ensure complex engineering products are designed for durability: avoid late re-design, minimize physical tests, reduce warranty costs, extend life in service
- Seamless associativity with geometry for efficient what-if scenario
- Embedded functionality for simulation geometry preparation
- Large model 3D visualization/post-processing and XY plotting capabilities enabling design insight and decision making from results
- Include embedded compute up to 32 cores
- Assess the product structural performance under Multistep structural scenarios, powered by market leader Abaqus technology, for comprehensive product performance assessment including Static, Frequency, Thermal, Buckling, Implicit/Explicit Dynamic
- Predict accurate fatigue lives and ensure complex engineering products are designed for durability. This lead to avoiding late re-design, minimizing physical tests, reducing warranty costs, extending life in service
- Estimate the lifecycle for components subjected to cyclic loads with stress and strain methods with robust durability simulation during the design cycle
- Accelerate structural performance simulation with unique automated model creation for large assemblies
- Use and calibrate a wide range of material models with Material calibration capabilities
- Accelerate design innovation by solving engineering challenges for your 3D design with full data associativity
- Investigate simulation results with robust and intuitive 3D post-processing and XY plotting capabilities enabling design insight and decision-making from results
- Share simulation results and collaborate on any design projects from anywhere
- Run simulation computations on multiple cores either on a local computer or remotely on the cloud to free up local machines for other work
- Perform seamless collaboration workflows with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
This role is in the process of being depreciated, becoming Controlled Availability in 22xFD02 and withdrawn in 23xGA.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.