This post is a continuation in a series about simulation on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and some of the roles you can find there. This week we are focusing on the Composite Structures Analysis Engineer role and how it can help perform detailed simulation of composite structures for stiffness, strength, manufacturability, and damage tolerance while optimizing weight and performance.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer brings end-to-end composite layup designs, material modeling, cut section evaluation – to composite product mesh and assembly, and ultimately composite product performance – to meet or exceed your product minimum weight and high strength requirements – all in 3DEXPERIENCE.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer offers additions and distinguishes from other major roles as follows:
- adds Composites Model Creation app to Structural Analysis Engineer (SYE);
- upgrades to Mechanical Scenario app (from Structural Scenario), and adds Fatigue and Nastran Converter app, to Composite Structures Performance Engineer role (CYE).
Composite structures play a vital role in products for lightweight strength and durability. The Aerospace and Defense industry has led many breakthroughs with composites design in military and commercial aircraft, and all future aircraft programs. Composites are predominant in other industries, for boat and ship hulls, recreational vehicles, and sports equipment. Composite materials are used in the next generation of electric vehicles and are increasingly applied in medical products, high-tech components, industrial building materials, etc.
To meet these demands and be competitive, manufacturers need to empower their Product Engineering teams with an integrated platform for composite structures design, modeling, and simulation. Dassault Systèmes has been a leader in composites design and modeling, starting with its CATIA Composite Design and Manufacturing apps, and SIMULIA Composite enablement app for meshing, modeling, and analysis. To leverage technologies, SIMULIA’s Composite Structures Analysis Engineer has been created for the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to add the composites capabilities to one of its flagship simulation roles, Structural Analysis Engineer.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer brings a model-based process, and seamless collaboration between simulation engineers and project stakeholders, for informed discussions and accelerated product release. Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, composites product engineering is fully design-associative, with cloud modeling and computing options, for product innovation in next-generation virtual engineering environment.
- Detailed structural validation from coupon level to sub-system level for metal and composite structures;
- Minimize weight to meet vehicle range and performance targets;
- Increase certification confidence in early and detailed design phases;
- Detailed material and nonlinear analyses, as well as linear statics, frequency, buckling, linear dynamics, and implicit/explicit simulation;
- Reduce expensive and challenging physical tests.
- Adds Composites modeling and simulation to Structural Analysis Engineer role;
- Support for all 3 CATIA Composite definitions: Ply, Zone, and Grid;
- Simulation traceability to composite ply and stackup design, for quick iterative variational studies;
- Locate and clean up design data with best-in-class geometry preparation tools;
- Build finite element models efficiently using meshing rules, managing large model assemblies, generating weld connections re-using engineering data;
- Calibrate complex material models from test data;
- Includes mechanical scenario, fatigue, and Nastran converter apps for a broader range of physics simulation.
For R2022X FD02 What’s New information, please refer to related the What’s New Media.
SIMULIA offers an advanced simulation product portfolio, including Abaqus, Isight, fe-safe, Tosca, Simpoe-Mold, SIMPACK, CST Studio Suite, XFlow, PowerFLOW, and more. The SIMULIA Community is the place to find the latest resources for SIMULIA software and to collaborate with other users. The key that unlocks the door of innovative thinking and knowledge building, the SIMULIA Community provides you with the tools you need to expand your knowledge, whenever and wherever.