Two years ago I nervously clicked publish to activate 3D Perspective’s first blog post . Dassault Systèmes had not yet launched our social media internet “swYm,” and there were only a few people across the group actually using social media externally for work.
During the past 24 months, I’ve grown and so has Dassault Systèmes. I’m less shy about being myself online and following my instincts; and Dassault Systèmes now has 9,000 employees using social media internally to collaborate on projects and long-term initiatives. We’ve also introduced social innovation products for our customers and ecosystem.
Through this blog I’ve tried to show you a different side to our company. Dassault Systèmes is not just “a worldwide leader in PLM and 3D software”. We’re a group of people with passions and opinions. And some of our bloggers have even chosen to draw parallels between their personal lives and our software. Take Tim Webb for example, as he links his father to Tiger Woods and simulation software. Or what about Therese Snow who connects eating out in a restaurant with her husband to virtual ergonomics.
You’ve read and watched behind-the-scenes conference accounts, received free software keys, entered design contests, and won cereal boxes that are also VR headsets. You’ve also discussed 3D format wars, whether 3D is a universal language, and the relationship between tribes, teams and V6.
Here are a few back office stats for those of you that like numbers:
• 41 3DP bloggers
• 297 blogposts
• 900 comments
• 633 tags
These are the Top 24 (in honor of 24 months) most-read posts:
- 24. 3DVIA for Operating Room Designs that Work,
- 23. 3D City Management: Traffic!,
- 22. The BioIntelligence Project,
- 21. Cloud Computing for video games: true or not,
- 20. SCC Day 2: Jaguar, Coca-Cola and Weatherford Accelerate Product Development with Abaqus,
- 19. Frank Gehry Shares CATIA Secret,
- 18. PLM as the Enterprise Backbone: Emerging with Advantage,
- 17. Virtual Ergonomics Series 3 of 3,
- 16. SCC Day 1: Abbott Vascular Sets the Tone for Innovation at the 2009 SCC,
- 15. Speed Dating at DS Campus,
- 14. Zaha Hadid Vision to Reality,
- 13. This is Not a Cereal Box,
- 12. Exalead Acquisition Perspectives,
- 11. Three Questions for Frank Gehry,
- 10. How to Become an Online 3D TV Director,
- 9. Cloud Watching,
- 8. Visual Search Engines,
- 7. Creativity in 3D: Winners,
- 6. 3D Format Wars: COLLADA .dae,
- 5. Sustainable Use of Light,
- 4. iPhone + Photos + 3D Objects = Yum!,
- 3. CATIA Design Visualization Contest: WINNERS!,
- 2. Design Visualization Contest,
- 1. Creativity in 3D Contest
Happy Birthday, 3D Perspectives!
UN ENORME MERCI to all 3DP bloggers, readers, commenters, tweeters, IT-supporters and sponsors; as the French also say, I salute you!
What’s YOUR 3D Perspectives BIRTHDAY WISH for our 3rd year?