It might have been all-virtual, but 3DEXPERIENCE World 2022 brought an action-packed agenda to life – and into homes and offices of SOLIDWORKS users around the world – over three days filled with captivating keynotes, breakouts, contests and more.
We’ll hit on some of the high points here.
Check out the SOLIDWORKS blog for more in-depth daily recaps from all three days. Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3
3DEXPERIENCE World 2022’s tagline was “Imagine all we can achieve together” and that theme was reflected in the opening day’s general session: “From Things to Sustainable Life | Strategy & Direction.”
Gian Paolo Bassi, the former SOLIDWORKS CEO and current EVP of Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE Works organization, kicked things off talking about sharing the technologies and trends that will shape the future of engineering and work. He also spoke about the SOLIDWORKS mission to lower the barrier of access to science and technology. Then, Bassi introduced Manish Kumar, who will be succeeding him as SOLIDWORKS CEO.
Other Day 1 general session speakers included:
- Dassault Systèmes CEO and Vice Chairman Bernard Charlès on factories of experience and how virtual twins can help rethink products, processes and business models.
- Speakers from La Machine, a French production company reimaging urban development and “citizen experiences”
- Hakeem Oluseyi, astrophysicist and former Space Science Education Lead for NASA, who shared his journey in an inspiring keynote that touched on the importance of mentorship.
A highlight of Day 2 was a roundtable featuring a SOLIDWORKS R&D team, 3DEXPERIENCE Works users, NASKA robotics, Exovolar and Smartflyer to discuss their experiences with connected SOLIDWORKS tools.
SOLIDWORKS is known for its large, passionate community of users. And the SOLIDWORKS Community took center stage in the Day 3 general session. From SOLIDWORKS for Makers and Fab Labs to the “Women in Engineering” initiative and 3DEXPERIENCE for Good program, there were exciting stories and updates aplenty.
Other Day 3 sessions included:
- A conversation with GE Healthcare about simulating for good
- A panel on the Workforce of the Future