In the previous article, the importance of product optimization was discussed when the desire is to create high-quality renditions or interactive experiences. In this article, you will learn how to use the application Data Preparation Factory to automate the data optimization phase and to generate the marketing model in one click from the BIM model.
To do this, we will analyze the BIM model of a business campus to detect the various optimization possibilities that we find there. Then we will reveal how to address preparation in order to automate the optimization of this model.
Analyze Campus Building
- Many of the Engineering parts are not required for the Marketing Experience.
- A few parts are repeated and the resolution is too high.
Data Preparation Factory: create a preparation
With the Marketing Model Builder role, you can instantiate the Data Preparation Factory application on your dashboard. This application will allow you to create a recipe to automate the preparation of your models.
Watch the concept of the application
Campus Building Preparation
First, pipes are deleted after selecting them within model based on their BIM attributes. By doing that, the model’s triangle count is reduced and its structure simplified.
In order to select the sunshades and the façade’s plates easily, labels are created.
Labels are perfect:
- to select multiple and individual parts which can be found in a complex structure
- to select output of operators further in the operation
- to introduce a “metadata” level which can be created at the beginning of the operation
- to handle, add, intersect, differentiate, and substract boolean operations
Here, the sunshades label are applied to select all sunshades of the building and apply a jacketing operator. The jacketing operator removes the hidden surfaces of the model. Next, division is applied by two, from 3000 to 1500, the number of triangle per sunshade. If applied on the whole campus, the optimization is huge.