It’s been another year and what a year it’s been. 2021 has been a trying year – once again characterized by the COVID-19 pandemic and the world’s response to everything from vaccines to variants to supply chain challenges. It’s been a year about trying to get back what we’ve been missing. Back to our offices, to each other, to some semblance of normal. And, in trying to get back we’ve lost, we’ve begun to find new ways forward. That means much more than the pandemic.
Dassault Systèmes is driven by a mission to harmonize product, nature and life. We believe in digital transformation and empowering people and businesses with 3DEXPERIENCE universes to imagine sustainable innovations. With customers, partners and individuals around the world, we’re rising to meet the biggest challenges of the day, including climate change, the evolving future of work, and overcoming the pandemic.
Let’s take a look back at 2021: a year marked by celebration, education and sustainable innovation.
Telling the Dassault Systèmes story
Celebrating our 40th year, Dassault Systèmes has around 20,000 global employees, who bring value to more than 220,000 customers in over 140 countries worldwide. Those numbers barely begin to tell the story of how Dassault Systèmes powers people’s lives.
These two videos, produced in early 2021, illustrate the ubiquity of Dassault Systèmes-supported innovations, as well as the scale of our impact.
And about that 40th birthday… We’ll be celebrating this major milestone in the months ahead, but the company kicked off the celebration with an incredible event that saw 40 talents from around the company perform in an event called “The Great Show” that took place at the Zenith Paris – La Villette and was livestreamed to employees everywhere.
A new approach to events
Over the past couple of years, going remote has been the norm for many of our favorite events. In 2021, Dassault Systèmes wanted to push the limits of what a virtual event could be. We pushed the envelope further and further with our “Age of Experience” events.
- “Science in the Age of Experience,” our first of the year, was a fairly traditional virtual event with high-level content that you can access now while reserving your spot for next year’s installment.
- In fall 2021, our Design in the Age of Experience event, “Aurora,” opened as part of the “Waste Age: What Can Design Do?” exhibit at the Design Museum in London. The installation, co-created by London architect Arthur Mamou-Mani and a team from the Dassault Systemes Design Studio, presented a cascade of 3D-printed crystal and wood-look panels that pushed the designers beyond the question of “What should it be?” to “What should it be made of?” Experience the Aurora installation online.
- In December 2021, our Manufacturing in the Age of Experience event, “The Late Show,” took an entirely different approach to virtual events, borrowing the format of a late-night TV chat show. The seventh edition of Manufacturing in the Age of Experience features expert advice from manufacturing executives in formats like you’ve never seen before. Watch the full event here. Or check out a few of the highlights in the video below.
Educating the workforce of the future
The future of work is forever shifting. Technology isn’t just re-shaping the future of work, it’s altering pathways to employment. At Dassault Systèmes, we believe in and see firsthand constant evidence of the potential of young people to change the world. And, as such, we’re investing in efforts to educate the future workforce. This year, we introduced new offers for students looking to jumpstart their careers with real experience and certifications, and announced the launch of 3DEXPERIENCE EDU Centers of Excellence.
- Check out the 3DEXPERIENCE Student Editions, including SOLIDWORKS, CATIA and 3DEXPERIENCE Engineer
- Read more on the 3DEXPERIENCE Edu Centers for Excellence opening in France, India, Mexico and the United States
Commitment to sustainable innovation
If you’ve spent any time reading these pages, it’s no secret that Dassault Systèmes is deeply committed to creating a more sustainable world. This commitment is baked into our DNA as a company. In 2021, we announced our Sustainability Compass, which outlines our strategic goals between now and 2025. In short, we believe that, as a technology company serving clients from all sectors across the economy, we have the power to catalyze radically more sustainable transformations in the processes that shape the physical world through our virtual universes. Put another way, we strive to “walk the talk” and embed sustainability in everything that we do.
- Check out Compass magazine’s special report on “Improving Sustainability with Virtual Twin Experiences”
- Read about our LEAP for SUSTAINABILITY@3DS internal innovation challenge
- Get more info on our Sustainability Compass
- Find out about our science-based targets for a science-based company
- Learn how we can kick sustainable innovation into high gear
As a company, we’ve always valued relationships – with our customers, partners and employees around the world. This remains true as ever. Here are a few examples of partnerships forged in several industries in 2021:
- French construction and civil engineering school ESTP Paris partners with Dassault Systèmes to advance student skills and the future of construction
- Dassault Systèmes and NTT Communications announce alliance for sustainable smart cities in Japan
- Bouygues Construction and Dassault Systèmes expand their partnership to speed up digital transformation in the construction industry
- Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Group Renault, STMicroelectronics and Thales join forces to create the “Software République”: a new open ecosystem for intelligent and sustainable mobility
- Industry leaders Dassault Systèmes, Ardagh Group and EXXERGY announce “virtual twins” trials to test lightweighting Diago’s iconic Johnnie Walker bottles
It was another year marked with unprecedented challenges, 2021. But you can see we’ve remained steadfast in our goal of bringing ideas to life that improve our world and the human experience. From all of us at Dassault Systèmes, here’s wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and all the best in 2022!