As 2018 comes to a close and we are in full swing planning for 2019, we wanted to take a few minutes to reflect back on the past year.
Top of the Heap
We are very proud to have received a number of prestigious recognitions in 2018.
- Corporate Knights ranked Dassault Systèmes number 1 among the top 100 most sustainable companies in the world, based on how we put sustainability at the center of our mission to harmonize product, nature and life. We’re proud to be recognized for how our 3DEXPERIENCE platform is the platform of reference to imagine sustainable innovation, in domains as wide as mobility of the future, energy transition, life sciences and cities.
- Our CEO, Bernard Charlès, was named #13 on Harvard Business Review’s list of Best Performing CEOs.
- We were named to Fortune‘s Future 50 list. BCG and Fortune created this list to reflect a company’s capacity to reinvent its business and sustain revenue growth. Coming in at #28, we were cited as one of Europe’s leading software companies, thanks in part to how the 3DEXPERIENCE platform helps create digital twins for companies in a range of industries working on complex products.
- We also ranked #30 on Forbes’ Digital 100, which recognizes the top 100 public companies shaping the digital economy.
In the News
We made a number of significant announcements this year, from new customers to new products to acquisitions. Among the highlights:
- We launched the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace, an online ecosystem for industrial services and content providers. As a starting point, 50 digital manufacturers with more than 500 machines and 30 million components from 600 suppliers will help businesses leverage new ways to innovate. With the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace, we bring to the industrial world an online trading platform as disruptive as the first retail marketplace. The spring issue of our Compass magazine also delivered a cover package about Industry Marketplaces in the Age of Experience.
- By introducing 3DEXPERIENCE Social Collaboration Services, we are thrilled that our CATIA V5 customers can boost their collaboration capabilities, at no additional cost and without the need for migration. These users can now access the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to share data instantly, any time, anywhere and on any device, as well as access the 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace.
- Representing a major step in accelerating the digital transformation of the nuclear industry, along with Capgemini we announced a long-term partnership agreement for the digital transformation of EDF’s nuclear engineering and its ecosystem. The partnership aims to support EDF in the digitalization of its plant engineering projects with the view to strengthen plant performance and overall competitiveness of nuclear power.
- We are expanding our family! There are many announced and closed acquistions in 2018, representing different sectors of our business. Examples include:
- We acquired a majority stake in Centric Software to help achieve digital transformation, speed to market and innovation for fashion companies. Centric Software’s PLM solutions generate fast ROI for fashion brands to respond to on-trend, on-demand consumers such as customers include Auchan, Belle China, Bestseller, Fast Retailing, Kering Group, Li & Fung, Loblaws, LVMH, Mango, PVH, Ruyi Group, Under Armour and others.
- Just a few days ago, we announced the acquisition of IQMS. Their all-in-one solution optimizes engineering, manufacturing and business processes. This news means the 3DEXPERIENCE platform will become the business operations platform for small to medium sized manufacturers seeking digital transformation to gain efficiency and agility to better serve their customers
Age of Experience Events
We hosted three events in support of our ‘megatrends’: Design in the Age of Experience in Milan in April, Science in the Age of Experience in Boston in June and Manufacturing in the Age of Experience in Shanghai in September.
Thousands of customers, prospects and industry experts came together for multiple days of inspiring keynotes, breakout sessions and networking.
Each event also featured our 3DEXPERIENCE Playground where participants had the opportunity for hands-on exploration of solutions that can help transform their businesses to be more forward-thinking about putting innovation first to provide their customers with the experiences they demand.
Watch this video for a taste of what these events are all about:
Sharing Our Customers’ Success
Our customers continue to do amazing things with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE. Here are just a sample of some of their stories. You can find more here.
- Bureau Veritas and Naval Group: Facing limitations with the standard classification process of vessels based on 2D drawings, Bureau Veritas and Naval Group needed to innovate in the way they work together to improve their competitiveness in their respective field. They joined forces to develop the 3D Classification concept based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to reduce design review times of new ships and the inherent costs.
- ECCO: The Danish footwear producer and a small team of researchers at ECCO’s Innovation Lab (ILE) in Amsterdam wanted to produce customized footwear providing a unique in-store experience. They adopted the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE platform with CATIA applications to interpret biomechanical data into geometries for 3D printing. Watch the video:
- Globe Trailers: The lowboy trailer manufacturer wants to double production volume in order to meet high demand. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform will help them meet their goal by providing integrated design and simulation capabilities with a single view of the truth available globally in real time.
- Kärcher: The Germany-based leading provider of cleaning technology needed to reduce product development and production costs and improve global collaboration to expand its market leadership. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform on the cloud is now managing Kärcher’s product development process, leverage knowledge and know-how across the company and to monitor requirements management.
- Yellow River Engineering Consulting. To gain a larger market share in a rapidly expanding but intensely competitive water conservation, hydropower and mega civil works industry, YREC – a China-based engineering consulting firm – needed to improve its efficiency and the quality of its designs, and to deliver more value throughout their projects’ full lifecycle. The company chose the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for collaborative design and innovative production.
Out and About
We regularly host and attend events, and 2018 was no exception. Among the highlights:
CES – The Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas is always a good way to kick off the year. Our booth featured 12 innovative startups – focused on ideas from lifestyle to life science, 10 industry experience experts and 41 live pitch sessions – on topics ranging from smart mobility to smart cities. Check out our recap video.
World Cities Summit – In Singapore in July we showcased how digital platforms are key to the urban development infrastructure for the 21st century, helping industry, government and citizens worldwide to harness the virtual world and transform territorial resources into strategic assets that support sustainable urban planning. Read more about what we talked about during this event, or watch a recap!
- IoT Solution World Congress: As a key player in the IoT ecosystem that is focused on changing the game by moving beyond IoT to IoE (Internet of Experiences), we were excited to take part in October’s IoT Solutions World Congress. Our booth featured interactive exhibits on how hardware, software and data teams can iterate in real time at same pace and with full transparency in a common V+R (Virtual + Real) environment and how the 3DEXPERIENCE platform supports agile and iterative design, validation and improvement of connected products and services, with testing in the virtual world for execution in the real world.
As you can see, it’s been a very busy year for Dassault Systèmes! We wish you and yours the best for 2018, and we look forward to sharing more experiences with you in the new year!