In the last few years, India has become a veritable startup hub of the world, growing 7X times in only a decade. Today, there are over 50,000 startups in the country, exploring breakthrough ideas in science, technology, and engineering. From improving citizen lives to giving India a competitive edge in the global business landscape, these young companies are now central to the country’s economy.
However, the growth trajectory witnessed by startups is not always so seamless. These companies do not have the economies of scale, and a significant period of time may go by before even the most promising idea reaches the market.
At Dassault Systèmes, we are eager to help India’s brightest entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life. To explore this space further, we partnered with IDC, unraveling scalability opportunities and future-focused tech-driven outcomes. This revealed four key challenges:
- Driving brand awareness – 40% of startups struggle to achieve the credibility and high degree of brand awareness enjoyed by their large-scale counterparts.
- Boosting profitability – Margin pressure is the no.2 challenge, with 32% of startups yet to meet their profitability targets; investments, technology empowerment, and market penetration could be among the key bottlenecks.
- Accelerating business speed – The pace of production and adequate agility for adapting to new business requirements is also a concern. 17% wish to speed up the pace of business.
- Staying competitive – Given the massive number of industry incumbents and startups, maintaining one’s competitive edge could be difficult. 13% cited this as an issue.
An effective way to address this is by transitioning industrial startup ecosystems to the cloud, making them more agile, scalable, and open to new technology integrations. IDC found that startups and small-to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs) utilizing cloud systems expect 85% revenue growth, compared to only 20% for on-premise only companies.
This is because of two reasons: first, on-premise requires a heavy capital expense, limiting capacities for startups. Second, on-premise digital infrastructure isn’t designed for rapid innovation — it can be challenging to achieve across key systems, holding back startups from achieving a single source of truth and process management.
On the other hand, with a cloud-based platform, it would be possible to:
- Collaborate with different stakeholders in real-time, allowing diverse but related disciplines such as design, engineering, and production to come together.
- Empower project managers to make decisions on-the-go, without being chained to a work station. This is because a cloud-based platform would enable device-agnostic project management.
- Take advantage of cutting-edge technologies like 3D design, simulations, and additive manufacturing. Startups can increase their chances of first-time-right without heavy investments in on-premise hardware and software.
- Make generative design processes more efficient, by giving designers a platform that streamlines data input, visualization, and outcome monitoring.
To check your digital maturity and readiness for the cloud before transitioning, please download IDC’s Digital Fitness Framework here.
Dassault Systèmes recognizes the massive potential that the cloud holds for Indian startups. It would offer faster access to new features, increase service availability, deliver enterprise-grade security, and drive scalability at a scale that would not have been possible before. To make this accessible to the country’s startup community, we have introduced 3DEXPERIENCE for Startups at an exclusive discounted rate.
3DEXPERIENCE for Startups is geared to reduce the barriers to entry for cutting-edge technologies, making Dassault Systèmes’ flagship innovation available to young companies, in a cloud-hosted format. It addresses startup requirements at every stage of the journey, from Year 1 – Discover, through Year 2 – Adopt, to Year 3 – Expand. This includes 90%, 70% and 50% discount on additional cloud solutions during these three years respectively, apart from access to the core 3DEXPERIENCE Platform on the cloud. Startups that choose a cloud-based implementation will receive a discounted rate, as mentioned.
The 3DEXPERIENCE Platform has helped industry leaders like Airbus and Tesla realize their business vision, and we believe it could make a massive difference for India’s startups as well.
3DEXPERIENCE for Startups includes CATIA, SIMULIA, ENOVIA, and DELMIA on the cloud bringing the full potential of Dassault Systèmes’ globally-recognized technologies to new and disruptive scenarios. It would help emerging industrial companies to gain from 3D design simulation, real-time collaboration, on-the-go project management, and more at a specialized price point for startups.
To assist further users, we will also offer tailored onboarding programs, a learning companion tool, as well as a dedicated community to address issues and unlock new opportunities.
For startups eager to take their business to greater heights of success, a cloud-based solution makes perfect sense. 3DEXPERIENCE for Startups is now available for companies that are less than five-years-old, with less than € 5 million in funding and revenues. Companies would also need to be first-time customers of Dassault Systèmes to be eligible, and/or manufacture their own physical products. 3DEXPERIENCE for Startups targets companies mentored by a Venture Capital, Accelerator or Incubator. And to ensure maximum reach for small, fast-growing startups, it is limited to a maximum of 20 users.
If these criteria apply to you and you’re interested in knowing more about 3DEXPERIENCE for Startups, please sign up for a trial here.
We hope to partner with you on shaping the future of India’s industrial landscape, very soon!