Reaffirming our commitment to the ‘Make in India’ initiative and our focus on sustainability, Dassault Systèmes unveiled its global 3DEXPERIENCE Executive Center on February 6th, 2019, in Chennai. The Executive Center will allow companies, innovators, and Dassault Systèmes customers in India to test our 3DEXPERIENCE platform in real-world scenarios.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is designed to provide software solutions and advanced technologies (like Big Data analytics, Virtual Reality, and 3D printing), geared to transform India’s thriving manufacturing sector. “The center would present how Dassault Systèmes, as a scientific firm, is closing the gap between the virtual and real to harmonize product, nature, and life for a sustainable society,” said Sylvain LAURENT, Executive Vice President, Global field operations (Asia-Oceania), worldwide business transformation, Dassault Systèmes.
Visitors can experience how 3D simulations and 3DEXPERIENCE Twin-based testing can optimize manufacturing processes. Simulations could play a critical role in reducing the time, effort, and costs involved in manufacturing. Consider the case of experimental markets such as electric vehicles (EVs). In these conditions, OEMs face high risks when introducing new concepts. Without end-to-end visibility on design, testing, supply chain, and go-to-market, Indian manufacturers would see low adoption and unpredictable ROI. The new Executive Center takes on these challenges, by offering visitors a glimpse of how the 3DEXPERIENCE platform digitally reinvents processes, even before initiating a prototype.
The platform leverages 3D design, analysis, simulation, and ‘intelligence software’ to establish digital continuity right from conceptualization, until final rollouts. The Executive Center will present how 3DEXPERIENCE platform enables this seamless digital flow in industries as varied as Aerospace and Defense, Transportation & Mobility, or even Industrial Equipment.
Manufacturers are already witnessing significant gains from the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and associated applications. Shree HARSHA, Business Consulting Director, Transportation, and Mobility industry, Dassault Systèmes India, shared how SIMULIA (part of the 3DEXPERIENCE offering) made a genuine difference for a leading Motorcycle company: “Royal Enfield is a standing example. The complete piston durability of India’s first twin-engine motorcycle Interceptor and Continental 650 was achieved using our SIMULIA application.”
In fact, Transportation and Mobility is a primary focus at Dassault Systèmes new Executive Center. EV startups, commercial vehicle suppliers, and established industry majors undergoing modernization could look forward to exploring:
● Social listening & portfolio planning – data intelligence for customer understanding, interactive CX, ‘impulse innovation’ for opportunity identification
● Styling & vehicle architecture – 3D modeling, real-time design rendering, concurrent compliance, and functional tests
● Modularization & configurations – variable configurations, global/local KPI management, digital mock-up with a single-change environment
● Performance driven engineering – performance strategy selection, cross-disciplinary ideas, specification traceability
● Agile model-based systems engineering – open platforms/legacy tools & industry standard support, trade-off analysis, virtual collaboration
● Supplier integration – web-based collaboration, documents management, reuse & standardization enablement
● Validation & certification – recall mitigation, strategy optimization for each development cycle, 3DEXPERIENCE twins replacing physical testing needs
● From engineering to manufacturing – engineering template to automated design (carryover), parametric car modeling, data model unification
● Product customization – automated marketing asset creation, 3D consumer experiences, CGI promotional materials
● Manufacturing operations – sales and operations digitization, planning and scheduling integration
The EV tour as discussed here is only the beginning of an ever-expanding initiative. The Center is envisioned as a digital playground where OEMs could come and test next-gen technologies reinforcing manufacturing capabilities and, thereby, market readiness. Viewers will be guided across the vital milestones on their industry-specific manufacturing journey, reimagined by 3DEXPERIENCE. The showcase will illustrate the usage of big data and analytics including digital continuity in a global manufacturing company with advanced engineering capabilities right from concept till manufacturing. Demonstrations will also include functional generative design, augmented and virtual reality capabilities along with key simulation and optimization techniques which can benefit key industrial companies in India.
“For organizations looking to explore digitalization of industries, it is very difficult to visualize the process. The Executive Center gives you a first-hand feel of these technologies and how it’s going to help your industry,” commented Satyendra BAJPAI, Head – Technology Solutions at Tata Technologies during his visit.
The 3DEXPERIENCE Executive Center at Dassault Systèmes will continue to strengthen and extend its vision for a robust, innovative, and vibrant manufacturing landscape for India.