How to Check-in / Check-out Surpac files to and from the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform with GEOVIA Surpac POWER’BY.
One of the key new features accompanying the recent release of Surpac 2019x, is the ability to connect Surpac directly to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform via GEOVIA Surpac POWER’BY for Enterprise Collaboration. Connecting Surpac to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform in this way enables users to securely store any/all Surpac files on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform for safe-keeping and collaboration.
Here are a few tips and tricks for connecting Surpac to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, checking files into and out from the platform, as well as navigating bookmark (folder) structures that organize the files on the platform.
1) To connect Surpac to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Navigate to File -> 3DEXPERIENCE -> Settings -> Configure server and tenant
2) Enter the server name provided by your local DS representative and select your Tenant
3) Next, navigate to File -> 3DEXPERIENCE -> Log in
4) Enter your login credentials and click Apply
5) You should see an authentication status bar appear on the bottom right hand corner of Surpac
6) Now, navigate from the default Surpac Navigator to the Enterprise Collaboration tab. You should see some output indicating the Collaborative Space you are connected to and the level of access you will have.
7) In order to navigate the bookmark (folder) structure, you can double click the folder for a ‘sync’ operation, or right click the folder for a ‘sync’ or ‘recursive sync’ operation. Keep in mind a ‘recursive sync’ operation will download your entire folder structure but will not download any actual files, so it is generally not too long of a wait for this operation even with several nested folders.
8) Surpac will warn you about some delays should you choose the ‘recursive sync’ option
9) Once you have managed to sync a folder or folders you will see what are referred to as documents in 3DEXPERIENCE. Documents may contain 0, 1 or more files, and this is an important consideration when managing your Surpac files in 3DEXPERIENCE. Typically we would combine related Surpac files for example .dtm, and .str into a single document in 3DEXPERIENCE for ease of check-in and check-out and general usage of the related files within Surpac.
10) To check-out a document, right click on the document and select check-out files
11) Once you have checked-out the files you will see the corresponding icons change to a pencil icon. This means that the files are checked-out and locked for use and editing.
12) Once the files are checked-out and available on your computer, you can use them in exactly the same way you always have within Surpac
13) When you are finished working with the files you can check them back in using a similar right-click approach on the document
14) Optionally add a comment
15) You can see your check-in and all previous versions from the Properties option