Dassault Systèmes is proud to have been a Conference Partner of the PACIFIC 2019 International Maritime Exposition in Sydney from 8 to 10 October 2019. We bring to you highlights from our participation in PACIFIC 2019 in the video above. Thank you for your support!
As a vital partner for industrial transformations in Marine & Offshore, Aerospace & Defence, and other key sectors that drive the global economy, PACIFIC 2019 was the ideal platform for Dassault Systèmes to engage with Australia’s defence community. In addition, we were honoured to host our academic partner, University of Adelaide, and showcase the innovations of two customers – B&R Enclosures Pty Ltd and ASX-listed XTEK Ltd – at our Booth.
We were also glad for the support of our Australian partners – Invenio, Simuserv, Solvia, InterCAD, CADSpace and Memko – who co-hosted the delegates at our Booth.
During PACIFIC 2019, Dassault Systèmes’ executives helmed three dedicated Conferences, focused on the key transformations shaping the future of the Marine & Offshore and Aerospace & Defence industries, as well as strategies to cultivate the Workforce of the Future.
Here are the highlights from our Conferences.
Virtual Shipyard Conference
Launched in 2018, South Australia’s Virtual Shipyard program is a collaboration between Dassault Systèmes, the Government of South Australia and AMGC to help cultivate digital skills in the workforce of local SMEs in the naval defence industry.
The Virtual Shipyard Conference at PACIFIC 2019 was helmed by Frederic Dot, Dassault Systèmes’ Senior Client Executive for Defence Industry, Australia, where he spoke on the benefits of the partnership:
- Providing local companies with technical knowledge and digital tools to drive innovation and transformation within their business.
- Digitally preparing local companies to compete in local and global supply chains.
- Facilitating robust knowledge transfer between industry experts and educational institutions to develop relevant curriculum for future skills training and development.
For more information, you can download the brochure below:
The Industry Renaissance for the Naval Industry
Alain Houard, Dassault Systèmes’ Vice President, Marine & Offshore Industry, presented at a Conference on “Transforming the Naval Industry to optimise defence programs”. Here are some key takeaways:
- Modern naval forces rely on new and advanced technology to build greater capability. However, improved capability needs to be balanced by ensuring new vessels are cost efficient.
- Digital transformation is not just about upgrading IT systems. It is a holistic transformation endeavor encompassing technology, business, skills and workforce development.
- It is all part of Industry Renaissance, a societal transformation being driven by the use of virtual worlds to capture, grow and leverage companies’ knowledge and know-how.
Digitisation in the Commercial Maritime Sector
François Mathieu, Consulting and Services Director, Marine & Offshore Industry, spoke at the Maritime Industry Australia Limited’s Modern Maritime Conference. Here are some key takeaways:
- The transformation of the Marine & Offshore industry is being driven by demand for new kinds of ships, strong competition and increasing sophistication of ships.
- The Industry Renaissance for the sector involves combining real and virtual worlds to inspire new ways of inventing, producing and doing business.
- With Virtual Experience Twins, all ships can be designed, built and tested in the virtual environment.
Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
Prashanth Mysore, Portfolio Industry Director, presented on Advanced Manufacturing Technologies at our Booth. Here are some key takeaways:
- The ‘Factory of the Future’ model is about combining virtual and real worlds to change the way companies conceive, design and build products.
- Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform integrates value-adding activities across multiple production sites and supply chains to meet productivity goals.
- By accessing Virtual Experience Twins of factory processes, manufacturers are able to model, simulate, and virtually test products before launching to market.
Thank you! Follow us on Social Media!
We would like to thank the organisers of PACIFIC 2019, the speakers and the delegates who visited our booth and met up with us during the networking.
For more information on Dassault Systèmes’ industry solutions, click on the links below:
- Marine & Offshore Industry Solutions
- Aerospace & Defence Industry Solutions
- 3DEXPERIENCE for Academia
Follow us on social media at: