Talons Aiguilles 2012 – Concours Jeunes Createurs Lille, The Young Creators Contest
Yesterday, April 4th, the Talons Aiguilles association has presented its annual Young Artists Competition. The contest principle is simple. Among the numerous candidates sending their files, about twenty artists are selected for a final Fashion Show.
Successful applicants are classified into 2 categories:
- Independent Creators
- Design School Students
The records must include: held a ready-to-wear, an outfit ready-to-wear and haute couture kind held based on the year thematic.
The outfits are then presented during the Show and appraised by a jury composed of fashion world professionals. Following the discussions, several awards are given:
- Award in the category “Créateur independent”
- Award in the category “Student”
For almost 20 years, this event has become a springboard for young European designers presented whom had the chance to present their creations to a panel of recognized professionals.
Already chaired by Paco Rabanne, Jean-Charles de Castelbajac more recently Gustavo Lins, the jury of the nineteenth 2012 edition featured a Fashion Blue Ribbon Panel :
- Jury Presidents: Barbara Boccara / Sharon Krief (Founders and Creators of the brand BA & SH)
- Gaspard Yurkievich (Artistic Director of the brand Gaspard Yurkievich )
- Jean Pierre Mocho (President of the French Federation of Ready to Wear Feminine)
- Alexander Acoca (Creator of the company C-Design)
- Priscilla Jokhoo (Partner Relations Manager of the French Federation of Ready to Wear Feminine)
- Stéphane Thil (Director of McArthur Glen Roubaix)
- Serge Massignan (Editor of the site www.commeuncamion.com )
- Alexandra Pisco (Director of Maisons de Mode)
- Zatjmann David (Professor at the French Institute of Fashion)
And the 2012 Winners Are…
Anne Glauser : category “Créateur independent”
Alice Dupraz-Toulouse : category “Student”
More information about the laureats here